Major Jay Fox Memorial Scholarship
The Major Jay Fox Memorial scholarship has been developed by the
Manitoba Outstanding Young Farmers in honour of Jay and the contribution
that he made to agriculture in Canada. An annual scholarship will be
presented to recognize a student continuing in the field of agriculture
that has made a significant difference in their communities. One bursary
will be awarded annually in the amount of $500.00. The following
criteria have been developed and applications must be received no later
than June 9, 2017.
All applications can be sent electronically to "Manitoba Outstanding Young Farmers", c/o Angela Fox,
- must be at least 17 years of age as of January 1, 2017
- must use the bursary within two years
- Must submit a 250 word (maximum) typed essay stating their future goals in agriculture and "In your opinion, what could be done to retain a larger number of young people in agriculture in Manitoba (Canada)".
- must submit proof of enrolment in a recognized institution (e.g. transcript)
- Must submit a list of community involvement (e.g. 4-H, community clubs, volunteer work, etc.)
- post-secondary program or trades training must be a minimum of 6 months in duration
- provide two letters of reference from persons outside of your family that indicate your work experience, community involvement, etc
- All essays will become the property of Manitoba's Outstanding Young Farmers and as such will be published at the discretion of the association with proper credit to the author
Preference will be given to those students pursuing a field of study related to agriculture or to those acquiring a skilled trade that
would be beneficial to the rural economy.
Completed applications must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on June 9, 2017.
Winners will be notified and award will be presented at the following years Manitoba's Outstanding Young Farmers Regional Event.